Business Expansion and Sustainability
In order to complete this assignment, refer to the scenario that you chose in the Staffing Plan for a Growing Business Assignment. Note: You may create and/or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of these assignments.
Using the scenario from the Staffing Plan for a Growing Business Assignment, write a 6–7 page paper in which you:
- Identify three job requirements (e.g., needed certifications, previous work experience, external influences, etc.) that could apply to your chosen scenario. Determine two ways these requirements could impact staffing at your organization. Next, suggest one strategy that you could utilize to ensure that all applicants meet the identified job requirements for your organization. Justify your response.
- Outline a long-term recruitment plan that contains at least four components, is aligned with your company’s recruitment strategy, but also addresses possible job skill or credential shortages. Note: Consider concepts such as succession planning and hiring retirees.
- Describe three branding strategies that you would employ to attract qualified applicants to your organization. Next, suggest three communication methods that you would utilize to reach out to applicants. Predict the outcome of integrating your branding strategies and communication methods at your organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two selection processes for recruiting new employees that could apply to your chosen scenario and then identify five selection criteria that you could use when hiring new employees. Next, analyze the effect of the five identified selection criteria on long-term employee retention and preservation of organizational knowledge. Justify your response.
- Suggest two assessment methods that you could employ to select new employees for your organization and then analyze the validity and reliability of each method in regards to the job your organization is offering. Next, identify four job predictors that you believe can assess candidates’ knowledge, skills, abilities, and other skills and experiences (KSAOs). Provide support for your rationale.
- Go to Strayer Library to locate at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop recruitment plans to meet an organization’s expansion and branding goals.