You are living in the United States shortly after the American Revolution and have received a letter from your friend who lives in France. This friend has asked you about the changes in your country and the new government that is being formed. He is particularly interested in your thoughts on the formation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Write a 350- to 525-word response addressing some of the advantages and disadvantages of this new government.
In your response:
- Discuss the way the country’s leadership is divided into separate branches of government.
- Describe the Founders’ role in the formation of the new government.
- Explain that time period’s political philosophies.
- Discuss that time period’s important American documents.
- Explain how the U.S. Constitution provides the new government’s structure.
You are encouraged to incorporate vocabulary terms from this week’s materials into your response.
Cite references to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.