Develop a 3- to 4-page comprehensive classroom management plan that can be implemented in a specific elementary grade-level classroom. Apply the principles of classroom management as you create a detailed plan to develop and maintain a sense of community within a diverse classroom.
Include the following in your classroom management plan:
Motivation and the Learning Environment
- Explain the relationship between motivation and student learning. Describe the strategies you would use to increase and maintain student motivation, foster active engagement in learning, promote positive social interaction, and build a supportive learning environment.
- Describe the skills and attitudes you expect your diverse students to learn and demonstrate that promote positive social interactions and create a supportive learning environment.
- Describe engagement strategies involving technology-based tools that can be used to provide students with a varied and dynamic learning experience that is familiar to them.
Classroom Management Models
- Select a classroom management model, and discuss the model in relation to student development, learning, and motivation.
- Apply the principles of classroom management and knowledge of individual and group motivation and behavior to develop a structure for student discipline used in the classroom. Include a list of classroom rules and procedures for student behavior and their negative and positive consequences.
- Describe a process that will be followed when a student behaves outside the scope of the basic classroom rules and consequences.
Classroom Arrangement and Physical Layout of Classroom
- Identify the plan’s grade level.
- Design the arrangement and physical layout of a classroom for your identified grade level.
- Justify how this design influences a positive learning environment and promotes appropriate student behavior.
- Explain how your design will help manage your classroom’s diversity and social dynamics.
- Describe effective instructional methods that are supported by the physical layout and classroom arrangement.
Collaboration with Families and Colleagues
- Develop a list of at least 5 activities that are designed to establish and maintain a positive, collaborative relationship with families. Add a short summary about how these activities can promote the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being of children.
- Outline a substitute teacher plan: What does a substitute need to know about the classroom management plan and class routines to effectively teach your students?
Cite your sources according to APA guidelines.